Yes. Under US law, Karaoke usage is still an exploitation of the underlying composition, and is a public performance. Rockbot and other background music services do not include coverage for karaoke. If you are using a karaoke service be sure to confirm their licensing includes the performance right as well as the other music licenses.
Articles in this section
- Does Rockbot cover my music licensing?
- If I’m already licensed with BMI, ASCAP, and SESAC, do I still need a license from Rockbot?
- Is it true that I need additional licensing coverage for my TVs?
- Does Rockbot cover my licensing if I charge an admission fee?
- How do I obtain licenses for the things which Rockbot cannot cover?
- Do you cover the music licensing fees if we use a DJ?
- Do you cover the music licensing fees if we use live music?
- Is the use of Rockbot covered outside of the U.S.?
- Do we need to pay the PROs if we have karaoke?