Performing Rights Organizations and Collection Societies (hereinafter PRO’s) collect money on behalf of songwriters and music publishers from broadcasters and commercial establishments which play or “perform” music. Four PRO’s operating in the USA at this time: ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and GMR. All four represent whole or partial shares of compositions made available.
Articles in this section
- Does Rockbot cover my music licensing?
- Music Licensing 101
- What is a Performing Rights Organization / Collection Society?
- Why does my business have to pay the PRO’s (ASCAP, etc)?
- Can’t I just plug in my own music player or service to play music in our facility?
- What’s the difference between paying directly vs being covered by business music service?