How is that possible?
Your Rockbot player comes with a small SD card that buffers (roughly) the last 50 songs played. If you lose internet connectivity, your player will automatically switch over to the songs buffered on the SD card.
The benefit is that you always have music playing, even if your internet cuts out. You may not even notice that your service is in an Offline/cache state. Many of our customers only notice because the songs begin to repeat.
What should I do?
There are a number of reasons your player may have gone offline. We've listed the top 3 solutions below to get you back in action:
- Ensure the Ethernet Cable is securely connected at BOTH ends (Player/Modem). You should see a solid green and a blinking yellow/amber on your player.
- Troubleshoot/Reboot your player - CLICK HERE
- Have you had any internet updates in the last 1-2 weeks? You may need to reference our Network Requirements with your firewall settings. - CLICK HERE
- Try using a new ethernet cable or a different port on the modem/router (make sure it is an OPEN port).
- Reboot your modem/router.
CLICK HERE to submit a request ticket.
Keywords: Offline Cache