Why does this happen?
If your player says it is playing from the cache on the Rockbot dashboard it is a sign that the Rockbot Player does not have enough bandwidth or is unable to pull down the next track in time for it to play. This means the player is operating properly, and it detects a network issue at your site and is running in its backup mode. If you see your player playing from the cache more than a couple of time during a day it would be a good time to investigate the health of your Network.
What is "cache"?
The small SD card on your Rockbot Player stores ~50 songs (cache) which your system with revert to when there is no internet connection.
Since the music is playing straight from the SD card, you will be unable to communicate with your device and performing simple functions like skip or reboot during this time.
After every song that plays from the cache, the Rockbot Player will automatically attempt to reconnect.
How can I get my player back online?
- Ensure the Ethernet Cable is securely connected at BOTH ends (Player/Modem). You should see a solid green and a blinking yellow/amber on your player.
- Troubleshoot/Reboot your player - CLICK HERE
- Have you had any internet updates in the last 1-2 weeks? You may need to reference our Network Requirements with your firewall settings. - CLICK HERE
- Try using a new ethernet cable or a different port on the modem/router (make sure it is an OPEN port).
- Reboot your modem/router.
If you are continuing to experience issues with your device playing from cache. Contact us and we will look into this further.