What’s in the Box?
- 1 Rockbot Media Player
- 1 Micro SD Card (inserted in the player)
- 1 Power Adapter
- 1 10ft Cat6 Ethernet Cable
- 1 6ft 3.5mm to RCA Cable
- 1 or 2 Wifi antennas (on some models)
Installing your Rockbot Player via Wifi
BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
Share the Rockbot Network Requirements with your IT Team/ISP. Included is a list of services and URLs that must be accessible/added to access lists to allow the Rockbot Player to contact our servers.
1. If your Rockbot Player has any external antenna, screw them onto the Player now.
2. Ensure the power cable is unplugged from your Player. Locate an open port on your modem (if available), if not, locate a port on your router/switch. Temporarily attach the ethernet cable to your Rockbot Player and the open port.
NOTE: The wired connection must allow traffic to Rockbot’s servers to provision the Player for WiFi.
3. Plug the power cable into the Player.
4. Navigate to setup.rockbot.com, and ensure you are not logged in. Logout is located at the top right corner of the page.
5. Enter the serial number located on the bottom side of the Rockbot device to locate your zone for setup.
6. Choose Start Wifi Player Setup. Then follow the prompts, clicking on the right arrow (>) to advance to the next steps.
7. Enter the SSID (Network Name) and the corresponding password for the open port. Note: It is case and space sensitive. Click Update WiFi Credentials.
8. Reboot the Player (Reboot instructions here).
9. You will receive confirmation that the device is connected.
10. Disconnect all cables from the Player (including power), move the Player to your installation location, connect the audio/HDMI cable, and connect the power cable last.
The Player may take up to 10 minutes to start, at which point you should hear audio and/or see content on the screen.
NOTE: If your Player is NOT connecting while temporarily hardwired with the ethernet cable, it is most likely due to an error or typo in the SSID/password. If the SSID/password are correct, you may have encountered a firewall issue. Please share the Rockbot Network Requirements with your IT Team.
Still struggling to establish a Wifi connection? Give us a call at (415) 813-6020 x1 or submit a Rockbot Request Ticket.