Use the Rockbot Sonos integration to stream your Rockbot venue directly to your speakers via the Sonos Controller. (Note: you do not need a Rockbot Player if you have Sonos and your bandwidth is stable). If you already have a Rockbot business subscription, follow the instructions below. Otherwise, create your business account first be heading here.
Installing the Rockbot app to your Sonos Controller:
- Open the Sonos App and click on the menu button in the upper left
- Click Add Music Services from the menu on your Sonos Controller app
- Scroll down and locate Rockbot in the list of Music Service. You may need to click More Music Choices
- Select Add to Sonos
- Select I Already Have an Account option and select Authorize. If you do not have a Rockbot business account yet, select I'm new to Rockbot
- Enter in your username and password to your Rockbot business account. If you forgot your password click here to send yourself the reset link.
- Switch back to Sonos App to give your account a name, select Done and lastly Play Music
- Use your web portal or Rockbot Remote to control and adjust the music
The 2 most common issues we encounter with Sonos are the following:
- The venue is listed as disabled and grayed out.
- If the venue is listed but disabled, you will need to make sure that Rockbot is stopped on all other devices.
- If you have stopped the service on all other devices, but it is still grayed out, there may be a Rockbot Player still linked to your account. Please reach out to support to have Rockbot remove the player from the account.
- Unable to start Rockbot APP in Sonos.
- Go into the Sonos Controller App and hit play. If the system has been paused for a long time, you might need to hit play up to 3x to reestablish the connection.
- If you are still unable to start Rockbot, there might be an issue with the Sonos Cloud. If that is the case, you will need to Reauthorize Rockbot on Sonos. The easiest way to do this is to head to Settings -> My Services on your Sonos controller and remove Rockbot. You then need to add Rockbot back to your account (above steps).
- I cannot connect my Sonos to the Rockbot Player
- If you are using a Rockbot Player with a Sonos device, you will need to select "Line-In" (or Aux-In) as the source.
- When using a Line-In input the source level may need to be adjusted to get a normal volume level.
- Due to Rockbot's high-quality input, we recommend turning compression "ON" for Line-In to reduce interruptions.
If you continue to encounter an error, contact [email protected] with the exact messaging you're receiving to troubleshoot further.
Head here to learn how to connect your Rockbot Player to your Sonos speaker.
Visit rockbot.com/sonos to learn more.