What’s in the Box?
- 1 Rockbot Media Player
- 1 SD Card (inserted in the player)
- 1 Power Adapter
- 1 10ft Cat5 Ethernet Cable
- 1 6ft 3.5mm to RCA Cable
- 1 Wifi antenna
Installing your Rockbot Player via Wifi
- Make sure you know the SSID (Network Name) and the corresponding Internet Password for the open port - it is case and space sensitive. The Rockbot Player will not work with splash pages or additional authentification pages.
- Locate an Open Port on Router/Modem within your business (This is the port/modem NOT connected to your POS or Security System).
- Head to setup.rockbot.com and select the Wireless Internet Option.
- Follow the prompts and enter in the SSID and Wifi Password - ensure there are no extra spaces when typing in the information.
- Wait for the systems to connect. This can take up to 10 minutes.
- Assuming all goes well, you will get a success page letting you know to unplug the Power and THEN the internet cable.
- Move the player to your amplifier and connect up the cables making sure power is connected last, and follow a set of additional prompts to establish the WIRELESS connection in the Rockbot Player. This can take another 5-10 minutes.
- Check your dashboard for it to show "Online" and that the connection has been re-established to the player. At this point, you will hear audio playing through your speakers. If not give the Player a hard reboot by pulling the power cable and plugging it back in.
NOTE: If your player is NOT connecting via a wired connection, it is most likely a typo in the SSID or password. It is also possible you still have a firewall in place on your wifi. Read this article for more info and to download the Network Requirements.
Still struggling to establish a Wifi connection? Give us a call at (415) 813-6020 x 1 or Submit a Rockbot Request Ticket.