About Spotify Sync
Rockbot can import Spotify playlists you created or playlists you follow on Spotify. This gives you quick access to your favorite songs and makes selecting songs to play a breeze. In order to connect your Spotify account, you will need to authorize Rockbot with Spotify.
What you can expect:
Only songs within Rockbot's licensed music library of over 16 million songs will sync over. Generally, we will have 100% of Top 100 music. A typical playlist will sync over 2/3 of the content from Spotify. More obscure music will sync ~50% of the songs over. Related Reading: I uploaded a playlist and am missing songs.
If you are a business owner and require specific music to creat the perfect vibe in your venue or if you are a DJ user and would like to request a song be added to our catalog, shoot us an email at email@example.com and we will get your request over to our curation team.
How to add your Spotify playlist:
Step 1 - Spotify
- Log into your Spotify account
- Create and/or follow any playlist(s) you would like to sync over
- Note: You will only be able to import playlists you follow
Step 2 - Rockbot
- Make sure you are logged in to rockbot.com.
- Follow this path: Music Icon > Add Playlist > Create Playlist (Screenshots Below)
- Select "Connect With Spotify" under playlist type > Login to Spotify/Authorize
- Once connected you will see the playlists you follow
- Click into the playlist you would like to import
- Click "Import Into New Playlist" > Done!
- Note: Only music which is licensed within our library will sync over. *Typically 2/3 of the songs in your Spotify playlist
Step 3 - Adding Your Playlist To Your Station
- Music Icon > Add Playlist > My Music > Select the playlist of your choice
- Note: You may need to log out/in of Rockbot to see your recently imported playlist(s)
How often will the playlist update?
Spotify playlists will sync daily. New music acquired by Rockbot will automatically sync to your playlist. If you add songs in Spotify, our system will attempt to add that content as well. If you do NOT want your playlist to update, you can always go into the playlist and "disable auto-refresh" at any time.
- Video: Adding a Playlist to Your Station
- I uploaded a playlist and am missing songs.
- How do I import playlists from iTunes?
- How do I remove my Spotify account?