Step 1: Identify the current streaming source
If you are unsure where your music is currently streaming, open your web dashboard or the app and look at the device icon.
Rockbot Player Icon:
Web Dashboard Icon:
Remote App Icon:
Remote App View:
Step 2: Stop the active music stream
- You will first need to stop the active stream of music.
- For Web, App, or Rockbot Player: Wait 15 minutes for the systems to stop communicating
- If you are switching from a Rockbot Player to a different audio source, unplugging the Rockbot Player is recommended.
- For SONOS, you will need to stop (not pause, STOP) the Rockbot stream in the SONOS controller. You will need to wait at least 30 minutes for the SONOS system to drop the connection.
Step 3: Start the music
- After 15 minutes (or 30 for SONOS) you can hit play on the alternate streaming device
- If you do not hear music, but you see music is streaming, you will want to reference the above icons to see if the music is still connected to the original device.
- Also see: Help! My system shows it's playing, but there's no sound.
If you continue to have issues reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-813-6020 Ext 1 to troubleshoot further.