While suspended, there are many changes that may have occurred to your network settings, audio equipment, cables, etc. When restoring your Rockbot music or media please ensure that your network and AV equipment are in good working order.
If you are experiencing problems with getting Rockbot service restored follow the below troubleshooting steps:
Reboot the Player*
*It may take 5-10 minutes for the player to come back online after a hard reboot.
- Unplug the power cord connected to the Rockbot Player.
- Unplug the ethernet cable connected to the Rockbot Player and router/modem.
- Fully eject and re-insert the SD card.
- Plug the ethernet cable back into the player & router/modem.
- Plug the audio/USB-C cable into the player.
- Plug the power cable back into the Rockbot Player (make sure this is the last cable connected to the player).
- Check that power and ethernet lights are on and the error (err) light is not flashing.
- Review the Rockbot Web Dashboard or the Rockbot Remote App to see if the Player is back online and playing music.
Note: if you are unable to access the Rockbot Dashboard for your venue please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reactivate your Rockbot service.
Modem/Router Hard Reboot
If you are still unable to get your Rockbot player online you may need to reboot your network equipment. Changes to the IP address or DHCP assignments may prevent the player from coming online until restarted. Follow the steps below:
Note: These steps can take up to 30 minutes total.
VERY IMPORTANT: When rebooting the router/modem it will disconnect anything connected to the network including Point of Sale or Security systems. Please confirm that rebooting your network will not interrupt any important systems prior to proceeding.
- Unplug the Rockbot power cord AND the ethernet cable.
- Unplug Modem/Router, then wait 2-3 minutes.
- Plug Router back in and wait for 2-3 more minutes until the lights look normal on the modem.
- Plug the ethernet cable back into the Rockbot player.
- Re-connect the power cable to the Rockbot player.
- Wait for the Rockbot Player to report online via the Web Dashboard or the Rockbot Remote App.
If your Rockbot player show online and playing music from the Rockbot Dashboard or Remote App, but no sound comes from your speakers:
- Unplug the audio cable from the player or USB-C adapter.
- If available, plug in a pair of headphones.
- If music is playing in the headphones, check that your audio equipment is all on, all cables are snug and the volume is turned up.
- Plug audio system cable back into the player or USB-C adapter.
- If music is still not playing, we can help by contacting email@example.com
If you see an error on the screen and are unable to view your normal Rockbot display:
- Check and make sure that your Dashboard is active.
- If active, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the error.
- If your dashboard is not active, please send a reactivation request to email@example.com
For all other issues involving reactivating your music or media, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org