One of our top priorities is making sure that you always have brand-safe content playing on the Rockbot service - but what constitutes “brand safe” varies quite a bit from one brand to the next!
To be able to accommodate the widest range of customers, we automatically scan the lyrics of every song we add to our library against four different lyrics databases, and rate and flag them based on the content of their lyrics. We use a same rating system that you would find in films, G/PG/PG13/R, but please note our definitions of each rating as follows.
Tracks can be rated:
- G: Content that a human has verified is family friendly, including instrumentals with no vocal samples
- PG: Content that we believe is family friendly but has not been verified by a human
- PG-13: Contains suggestive content*, but would be heard on any local terrestrial radio station.
- R: Contains explicit lyrics / Parental Advisory.
- This will include one or more FCC Banned Words uncensored, poorly censored profanities, indecent material or imagery defined by the FCC, and/or profanities in the song title.
Because the “G” rating requires human verification, not just an automated scan, it will be safest library for businesses that cater to children and families. It’s also the smallest because it is the most restricted.
Once you enable a content filter, it will automatically be enforced across all your scheduled playlists and Request. Tracks removed by your content filter will be struck out on the Playlist Detail Page or Builder.
Note that “clean” or radio-edit versions of R-rated content are automatically rated PG-13 and will not be struck out. Please understand that not all songs have a clean version available.
If you encounter a song with an inaccurate rating, please report it in the dashboard or via the Rockbot Remote App.