The Rockbot Player requires a wired audio connection, therefore, the device can connect to a Sonos Connect or Sonos Play:5 unit. The biggest advantage to using the Rockbot Player-- advanced buffering and auto-start/stop offered by the device.
Follow the steps below to connect the Rockbot Player to the Sonos speaker:
- Connect the ethernet cable to the Rockbot Player then into a port on a modem/router
- Insert the audio cable into the audio port on the Rockbot Player and then into the audio port on the back of the Sonos speaker
- Insert the power cable into the Rockbot Player and into a power source
- In your Sonos Controller select "Line-In" from the menu to start streaming the music through your Sonos speakers
- Use your web portal or Rockbot Remote to control and adjust the music
- Make sure Audio Compression is set to Compressed under Settings > Advanced Settings
- Rockbot recommends when using auxiliary in that all Sonos Speakers be wired
All other Sonos speakers will need to use the Sonos Controller.
If you have purchased a Rockbot Player and do not have a Sonos Connect or Play:5 reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions. Visit rockbot.com/sonos to learn more.
Keywords: Play 5 Install