The Rockbot Player requires a wired audio connection, therefore, the device can connect to a Sonos Connect or Sonos Play:5 unit. The biggest advantage to using the Rockbot Player is the song buffering and auto-start/stop features that are missing in our standard Sonos integration.
Follow the steps below to connect the Rockbot Player to the Sonos speaker:
- Connect the ethernet cable to the Rockbot Player and then into a port on a modem/router
- Insert the audio cable into the audio port on the Rockbot Player and then into the audio port on the back of the Sonos speaker
- Insert the power cable into the Rockbot Player and into a power source
- In your Sonos Controller select "Line-In" from the menu to start streaming the music through your Sonos speakers
- Use your web portal or Rockbot Remote to control and adjust the music
- You will need to select "Line-In" (or Aux-In) as the source when connecting your Rockbot Player to your Sonos Speaker.
- Make sure Audio Compression is set to Compressed under Settings > Advanced Settings
- Rockbot recommends when using auxiliary inputs that all Sonos Speakers be wired to reduce network strain.
All other Sonos speakers will need to use the Sonos Controller.
If you have purchased a Rockbot Player and do not have a Sonos Connect or Play:5 reach out to email@example.com for further instructions. Visit rockbot.com/sonos to learn more.
Keywords: Play 5 Install