Use the Rockbot Sonos App integration to stream your Rockbot venue directly to your speakers via the Sonos App Controller. (Note: you do not need a Rockbot Player if you have Sonos and your bandwidth is stable). If you already have a Rockbot business subscription, follow the instructions below. Otherwise, create your business account first by heading here. You should already have a Sonos account created and be on the same network as your Sonos speakers.
NOTE: Rockbot recommends a separate SONOS login/account for each location that you are managing through Rockbot. Additionally, the use of the SONOS Rooms feature may result in a poor Rockbot experience.
To install the Rockbot app to your Sonos Controller on a phone or tablet please follow the SONOS instructions for adding a music service.
The 2 most common issues we encounter with Sonos are the following:
- The venue is listed as disabled and grayed out.
- If the venue is listed but disabled, you will need to make sure that Rockbot is stopped on all other devices.
- If you have stopped the service on all other devices, but it is still grayed out, there may be a Rockbot Player still linked to your account. Please reach out to email@example.com to have Rockbot remove the player from the account.
- Unable to start Rockbot App in Sonos.
- Force close the Sonos App
- Turn your WIFI OFF and back ON on your phone/tablet
- Check to see if you need to Reauthorize Rockbot on Sonos. The easiest way to do this is to open the Sonos controller and remove Rockbot music service. You then need to add Rockbot back to your account using the steps here.
If you continue to encounter an error, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the exact messaging you're receiving to troubleshoot further.
Head here to learn how to connect your Rockbot Player to your Sonos speaker.
Visit rockbot.com/sonos to learn more.