Use the Rockbot Sonos App integration to stream your Rockbot venue directly to your speakers via the Sonos App Controller. (Note: you do not need a Rockbot Player if you have Sonos and your bandwidth is stable). If you already have a Rockbot business subscription, follow the instructions below. Otherwise, create your business account first by heading here. You should already have a Sonos account created and be on the same network as your Sonos speakers.
Installing the Rockbot app to your Sonos Controller on a phone or tablet:
- Open the Sonos App and click on the More button in the bottom right corner
- Click Add Music Services from the menu on your Sonos Controller
- Scroll down or search for Rockbot in the list of music services
- Select Add to Sonos
- Select I Already Have an Account option. If you do not have a Rockbot business account yet, select I'm new to Rockbot
- Select the Authorize button
- A web browser will open where you will enter in your username and password that you created for your Rockbot business account. This will link your Rockbot account to Sonos. If you forgot your password click here to send yourself the reset link.
- Go back to Sonos App to give your account a name to help you identify the stream, select Done
- Select your venue to Play music
The 2 most common issues we encounter with Sonos are the following:
- The venue is listed as disabled and grayed out.
- If the venue is listed but disabled, you will need to make sure that Rockbot is stopped on all other devices.
- If you have stopped the service on all other devices, but it is still grayed out, there may be a Rockbot Player still linked to your account. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to have Rockbot remove the player from the account.
- Unable to start Rockbot App in Sonos.
- Force close the Sonos App
- Turn your WIFI OFF and back ON on your phone/tablet
- Check to see if you need to Reauthorize Rockbot on Sonos. The easiest way to do this is to head to Settings -> My Services on your Sonos controller and remove Rockbot. You then need to add Rockbot back to your account using the steps above.
If you continue to encounter an error, contact email@example.com with the exact messaging you're receiving to troubleshoot further.
Head here to learn how to connect your Rockbot Player to your Sonos speaker.
Visit rockbot.com/sonos to learn more.