Does the Rockbot Web Dashboard or the Remote App show music is streaming, however, there is no sound (or there is static) coming through your speaker system? If the answer is "yes", the following troubleshooting steps will help you isolate the issue and identify if this is a Rockbot Player Issue or a Speaker/Amplifier Issue.
Step 1: Check the Connections
- Confirm that music should be playing (Web Dashboard or the Remote App active music queue) and that the system is not offline or paused.
- Confirm the audio source is the Rockbot Player.
- Check the player volume under the Music Settings. Make sure the volume is turned up on the dashboard between 7-10.
- Confirm how many cables are coming from the player and that they are all connected and firmly in place: Power Cord, Ethernet and Audio Cable
- Make sure the amplifier/adaptor and audio cable are firmly connected together.
- Confirm that the audio equipment is Turned On.
- Confirm the audio cord is connected into the proper input and mode (where the audio cable is connected on the back).
- Make sure the audio on the amplifier is turned up.
- Make sure the speakers are not muted.
- If it's a home theatre amplifier, make sure Speakers A and B are on.
- Sometimes leaving the amplifier turned off for at least 15 minutes before turning it back on can reset the mute.
Step 2: Check the Audio Port
- Plug a pair of headphones with an audio port into your Rockbot Player.
- If, YES, you hear music and it's clear, the issue is with your speaker/amplifier.
- Confirm that the audio cable is firmly seated into your streaming device and into your speaker system/amplifier
- Confirm that your audio system/amplifier is turned on and set on the correct input
- Adjust the volume knob on your speaker system/amplifier higher
- If, NO, you do not hear music. Give us a call/chat/email. There may be an issue with your device.
If you do not hear audio from the Rockbot Player and your Player is online, reach out to email@example.com or 415-813-6020 Ext 1 for advanced troubleshooting.