Note: If you have had any changes to your internet in the last 1-2 weeks, Click Here.
Common Troubleshooting Scenarios
When do I need to Hard Reboot (troubleshoot) my player?
- The Rockbot dashboard shows Offline
- You are Playing from the Buffer
- There are no lights on the player
- Songs are repeating
- The queue of music is stuck
- You are streaming from Web/iOS/Android and not the Rockbot Player
- No Audio - Click Here
1st Step - Confirmation
- Confirm that a staff member did not stop the Rockbot Player.
- Check the set Player Hours (Web Dashboard > Music Icon > Music Settings > Player Hours) to ensure the music is set to play.
- Look to see if there are any lights on the player. (LS423 or LS324K = Solid Red, Solid Green, Flashing Yellow. Older Players Typically = Solid Green, Flashing Yellow.)
- Ensure the SD card is pushed in and all of the necessary cables are firmly plugged in.
- Confirm the power cable is plugged into the wall and the ethernet cable is securely plugged into the modem/router (if hardwired).
- Look/listen for any error messages on your TV or coming through your audio system.
2nd Step - Rebooting the Player
If the above steps do not work in getting your player back online, you will need to reboot your player.
- Unplug the power cord connected to the Rockbot Player
- Unplug the ethernet cable connected to the Rockbot Player and router/modem
- Fully eject and re-insert SD card
- Plug the ethernet cable back into the player & router/modem
- Plug the power cable back into the Rockbot Player
- Make sure the power lights are on and ethernet lights are on and no flashing error lights (other than the flashing internet light)
- Review the Rockbot Web Dashboard or the Rockbot Remote App to see if the Player is back online *It may take 5-10 minutes.
Player is still Offline
Cycle through the steps 1 more time (2nd time is often the answer). If the player does NOT connect back online after the 2nd hard reboot, confirm that the player is plugged into an open outbound network. This allows the Rockbot Player to call out to our cloud. You may also want to review our Network Requirements in case there is a Firewall in place.
Have there been any changes to your internet? Yes - Click Here. Not sure, you may need to reboot your modem/router. Proceed to the next steps.
3rd Step - Modem/Router Hard Reboot
VERY IMPORTANT: When rebooting the router/modem it will disconnect anything connected to it like a Point of Sale or Security system. Confirm that is OK prior to proceeding.
- Unplug the Rockbot power cord AND the ethernet cable
- Unplug Modem/Router, then wait 2-3 minutes
- Plug Router back in and wait for 2-3 more minutes until the lights look normal on the modem
- Plug the ethernet cable back into the Rockbot player AND re-connect the power
- Wait for the Rockbot Player to report online via the Web Dashboard or the Rockbot Remote App
- Note: This step can take up to 30 minutes in its entirety.
If the above still did not work, submit a Rockbot Request Ticket and let us know you followed the above steps in this article. You can also give us a call at (415) 813-6020 x1.